Thursday, February 14, 2013

IMO: The Most Romantic Movie Scene EVER

In case you haven't noticed, nerds, it's Valentine's Day! What better way to celebrate than with a love story played out on a screen by professional actors?

In cinematic history there have been many romantic moments: Rhett & Scarlet, Rick & Ilsa, Harry & Sally, Jack & Rose. Ask someone what scene is the most romantic they might suggest the moment Noah tells Allie it's not over. Or possibly one of my favorites when Darcy confesses, again, his love for Elizabeth. But it may surprise you to learn that neither of these takes the cake for me.

The scene that does isn't very famous. The movie itself, truth be told, isn't all that great. Time and time again, however I'll watch just this scene and the magic never goes away. Donald O'Connor and Mitzi Gaynor are serenading each other in 1956's Anything Goes. I don't know what it is. The song maybe? The chemistry perhaps? Maybe I just really like Donald O'Connor? Either way I can't watch this and not feel swoony.


So, I hope your holiday has been delovely, nerds. And tell me what do you think is the most romantic movie scene?

No comments:

Post a Comment